Like all of us, Alison Buck has led many lives.
One as a sensible, hard-working type, employed in financial systems, graphic design and web site development. Another as a writer, scribbling away, committing her stories to disc and eventually publishing several to reasonable acclaim. Throughout all of them, the mother of two and wife of one.
Skilled at exploring the psychology and interior lives of her characters, Alison delivers stories that range from chilling tales of horror through insightful contemporary drama to thought-provoking science fiction. Her empathy with her protagonists, her rich descriptive prose and her use of gentle humour serve to ensure that, whatever the setting, her stories are always a rewarding read.
Alison’s stories Podcast, Dreamers, Mirror mirror and Intervention are included in [Re]Awakenings, an anthology of new speculative fiction which was published by Elsewhen Press on 21st November 2011.
Alison has produced a science fiction themed Colouring book for adults, Futures, which was published by Elsewhen Press on 23rd March 2016.
Abiding Fear, the long awaited sequel to Alison’s bestselling horror story Abiding Evil will be published by Elsewhen Press in 2022.
Her previously published titles are:
Devoted Sisters published by Alnpete Press in paperback (2006) and eBook (2010).
Abiding Evil published by Alnpete Press in paperback (2007) and eBook (2011).
- “The trailblazing female authors of science fiction”, Den of Geek features Elsewhen Press authors. April 16, 2018
- International Women’s Day 2018 March 8, 2018
- International Women’s Day 2016 March 8, 2016
- Dysprosium – Eastercon 2015 February 25, 2015
- First trailer for [Re]Awakenings December 11, 2011
- [Re]Awakenings available in new Italian and Spanish Kindle stores December 1, 2011
- [Re]Awakenings available to buy as eBook November 21, 2011
- Taster of [Re]Awakenings available for download November 16, 2011
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Alison can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using alison.buck (at) elsewhen.co.uk