C.R. Berry caught the writing bug at the tender age of four and has never recovered. His earliest stories were filled with witches, monsters, evil headteachers, Disney characters and the occasional Dalek. He realised pretty quickly that his favourite characters were usually the villains. He wonders if that’s what led him to become a criminal lawyer. It’s certainly why he’s taken to writing conspiracy thrillers, where the baddies are numerous and everywhere.
After a few years getting a more rounded view of human nature’s darker side, he quit lawyering and turned to writing full-time. He now works as a freelance copywriter and novelist and blogs about conspiracy theories, time travel and otherworldly weirdness.
He was shortlisted in the 2018 Grindstone Literary International Novel Competition and has been published in numerous magazines and anthologies, including Storgy, Dark Tales, Theme of Absence and Suspense Magazine. He was also shortlisted in the Aeon Award Contest, highly commended by Writers’ Forum, and won second prize in the inaugural To Hull and Back Humorous Short Story Competition.
He grew up in Farnborough, Hampshire, a town he says has as much character as a broccoli. He’s since moved to the “much more interesting and charming” Haslemere in Surrey.
- “It reminded me of a Doctor Who plot” – Reviewer names Million Eyes one of her top reads of 2020
- “A disorienting but enthralling experience” – Review of Million Eyes by Parallel Worlds
- “incredible yet all too believable” – review by Jill-Elizabeth of Million Eyes
- “Tragic royal events weren’t actually meant to happen” – Review and Extract of Million Eyes by Short Book and Scribes
- “A deliciously dark vein of humour” – Review of Million Eyes by Brown Flopsy’s Book Burrow
- “Frightening tale of just how difficult it is to hide in Britain today” – Review of Million Eyes by Northern Reader
- “provocative, conspiracy-laden, entertaining, and delightfully crafted” – Review of Million Eyes: Extra Time on All Things Jill-Elizabeth
- “All of the conspiracy theories are true!” – Review of Million Eyes: Extra Time on SFCrowsnest
- “I adore how this book was written” – Review of Million Eyes : Extra Time on Storgy
- Recent events have given conspiracy theories a bad name, says author November 24, 2021
- Out today in paperback – Million Eyes II: The Unraveller November 8, 2021
- Out today in eBook – Million Eyes II: The Unraveller by C.R. Berry September 24, 2021
- Cover reveal for Million Eyes II : The Unraveller by C.R. Berry August 13, 2021
- The book they tried to stop – revealing the truth behind a conspiracy against the British monarchy? March 9, 2020
- Time is the ultimate weapon January 10, 2020
- Million Eyes: Extra Time, twelve time-twisting tales, available for free download October 9, 2019
C.R. Berry can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using c.r.berry (at) elsewhen.co.uk