Dave Weaver, a graphic designer, was born in darkest Surrey. He took quite a long time to begin writing. About a decade ago he joined the local Verulam Writers’ Circle and has since had a number of short stories published in various anthologies and webzines. Much of his writing hovers on the shifting borders between fantasy and reality. He holds a particular fascination for the uncertain times of Britain’s Dark Ages, no doubt inspired by the ruins of the Roman town of Verulamium near where he lives with his family and a cat called Trillian. This is much in evidence in his first novel Jacey’s Kingdom
Though born and raised in the distinctly un-exotic heartlands of Surrey, ‘the land of the rising sun’ has held a fascination for Dave since he first visited it with his Japanese wife. A fascination for the beautiful colours of its landscapes and the subtlety of its culture, for its contradictions and certainties, intelligence and passion, spirit and diversity. Yet beneath all these things lies another Japan; one of ghosts and shadows, unspoken secrets, demons from the past and uncertain visions of the future. It’s what makes this intriguing country ultimately unknowable, unique, Nippon… and inspired his second novel Japanese Daisy Chain
Dave’s fantasy novel, Jacey’s Kingdom was published by Elsewhen Press on 11th January 2013.
Dave’s contemporary fantasy, Japanese Daisy Chain was published by Elsewhen Press on 7th February 2014.
Simon, a traveller with time to kill before continuing his journey, enters an inn on the outskirts of London. Inside he meets a motley crew competing to tell tales for their own amusement. So starts Dave Weaver’s new novel, The Black Hole Bar, which has already been compared to Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales and Boccaccio’s Decameron. It was published by Elsewhen Press on 22nd June 2014.
Dave’s story The Copy is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
Dave Weaver’s disturbing paranormal story The Unseen was published by Elsewhen Press on 11th May 2016.
In Timekeepers, set in the Roman Empire in both Ancient Britain and a dark alternative future, was published by Elsewhen Press on 2nd March 2018.
- “fascinating time travel adventure” – review of Timekeepers on Risingshadow
- “Intriguing horror entertainment!” – review of The Unseen on RisingShadow
- “brilliant gathering of short fiction” – review of Existence is Elsewhen in Aurealis magazine
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- “fascinatingly different” – review of The Black Hole Bar on Risingshadow
- “works amazingly well as an adventure book” – review of Jacey’s Kingdom on Risingshadow
- Happy publication day for Timekeepers March 2, 2018
- Beware ancient coins, they’re not always what they seem – warns Dave Weaver, author of Timekeepers February 14, 2018
- The Unseen by Dave Weaver now available in paperback August 15, 2016
- Friday the 13th – The Unseen is here May 13, 2016
- The latest novel from Dave Weaver is a disturbing paranormal story set in idyllic Essex countryside April 12, 2016
- Existence is Elsewhen launch at Mancunicon March 30, 2016
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- Elsewhen Author Reads at Brighton Fringe May 27, 2015
- Dysprosium – Eastercon 2015 February 25, 2015
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of Dave Weaver January 13, 2015
- Elsewhen Author at St. Albans Literary Festival November 6, 2014
- The Black Hole Bar – out NOW June 22, 2014
- REVEALED: The cover art for The Black Hole Bar May 25, 2014
- Author reads book in Waterstones! May 22, 2014
- Japanese Daisy Chain out now in paperback May 12, 2014
- New novel compared to Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales and Boccaccio’s Decameron April 25, 2014
- Are you going to AuthorCon UK on Saturday? April 23, 2014
- Dave Weaver interviewed on Kristina Blasen’s Book Blog March 31, 2014
- Human daisy-chain links paranormal phenomena in Japan February 7, 2014
- Writing Group Author’s Nights for Jacey’s Kingdom September 29, 2013
- ‘Jacey’s Kingdom’ Author Dave Weaver signing at Waterstones St. Albans – Saturday 29th June, 10am till 2pm June 26, 2013
- Book launches at Eastercon April 7, 2013
- Jacey’s Kingdom author Dave Weaver interviewed on Radio Verulam’s Drivetime with Danny Smith March 2, 2013
- Dave Weaver Interviewed in Jonathan Pinnock’s Write Stuff February 25, 2013
- I’m Here, But I’m Really There February 21, 2013
- Jacey’s Kingdom published today January 11, 2013
- Elsewhen Press signs new Fantasy author for debut novel weaving together modern-day and Dark Ages August 6, 2012
Dave can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using dave.weaver (at) elsewhen.co.uk