Aside from three months living on an oil tanker sailing back and forth between America and Africa, and two years living in a pub, David Craig grew up on the west coast of Scotland. He studied Software Engineering at university, but lost interest in the subject after (and admittedly prior to) graduation. He currently works as a resourcing administrator for a public service contact centre, and lives near Glasgow with his wife, daughter and two rabbits.
Being a published writer had been a life-long dream, and one that he was delighted to finally realise with his debut novel, Resurrection Men, the first in the Sooty Feathers series, published by Elsewhen Press in 2018. Before the next book in the Sooty Feathers series though, Elsewhen Press will be publishing his latest fantasy epic Thorns of a Black Rose.
David’s epic fantasy Thorns of a Black Rose, was published by Elsewhen Press on 26th July 2019.
- “a rich and rewarding reading experience” – Review of Thorns of a Black Rose on Risingshadow
- “the setting is vivid” – Review of Thorns of a Black Rose on Al-Alhambra
- “a terrifying and unexpected journey fraught with creatures from a nightmare” – Review of Resurrection Men on The Book Dragon
- “a refreshingly creative and entertaining story” – review on RisingShadow of Resurrection Men
- “a delicious evil” – review by Jill-Elizabeth of Resurrection Men
- Revenge, responsibility, confrontation, consequences; demons, disasters and assassins – not party politics, but the new epic fantasy from David Craig July 3, 2019
- Writing social values in historical fantasy fiction February 24, 2019
- Secret Society covers up Gruesome Murders in Glasgow August 6, 2018
David can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using david.craig (at) elsewhen.co.uk