David got hooked on reading at a young age by borrowing to the max – 3 books, twice a week – from the public library. He was caught up and transported to fabulous other worlds by the likes of Wells, Verne and Burroughs (and later by Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke, Heinlein, Le Guin, Wyndham…). Alas, the journeys were temporary and he had to return to Earth.
His love affair with science fiction and fantasy had him thinking vaguely about writing but he didn’t follow through until after retirement and his relocation, with wife and cat, to a houseboat on the Thames. It was reading one book which he didn’t think was very good that led him to say “I could do better than that” and then setting out to prove it. David has since had a number of short stories published in online magazines, and his debut novel The Empty Throne published by Elsewhen Press. Quaestor was his second novel and Thiever is its sequel. They too have been published by Elsewhen Press.
David’s enthralling fantasy novel, The Empty Throne, was published by Elsewhen Press on 3 August 2018.
David’s gripping fantasy novel, Quaestor, was published by Elsewhen Press on 30 August 2019.
Thiever, David’s sequel to Quaestor, was published by Elsewhen Press on 17 September 2021.
- Retired NHS Consultant finds a productive balance between his passion for diving, a flair for fiction and a love of life on the river. September 23, 2021
- Thiever, David M Allan’s sequel to Quaestor is out today in eBook September 17, 2021
- Latest fantasy novel explores cultural differences and the unscrupulous leaders who exploit them August 28, 2019
- Great summer reading for fantasy fans August 3, 2018
- Politicians feud, oblivious to the evil force possessing and controlling them to gain ultimate power June 8, 2018
David can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using david.m.allan (at) elsewhen.co.uk