Glasgow writer Douglas Thompson won the Herald/Grolsch Question Of Style Award 1989, 2nd prize in the Neil Gunn Writing Competition 2007, and the Faith/Unbelief Poetry Prize 2016. His short stories and poems have appeared in a wide range of magazines and anthologies, including Ambit, Albedo One, Chapman and New Writing Scotland. Variously classed as a Weird, Horror, Sci Fi, Literary, or Historical novelist, he has published more than 17 novels and collections of short stories and poetry since 2009, from various publishers in Britain, Europe and America, including Entanglement in 2012, and The Rhymer, an Heredyssey in 2014 from Elsewhen Press.
Douglas’s philosophical science fiction novel, Entanglement, was published by Elsewhen Press on 1st August 2012.
Douglas’s comic-poetic satire The Rhymer, an Heredyssey was published by Elsewhen Press on 2nd May 2014.
Douglas’s story Bird Brains is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
Douglas’s thought-provoking science fiction novel Stray Pilot was published by Elsewhen Press on 1st July 2022.
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- “superbly surreal adventure” – review of The Rhymer on the British Fantasy Society website
- “startlingly original” – review of The Rhymer on The Future Fire
- “A towering achievement” – review by Terry Grimwood of Douglas Thompson’s The Rhymer
- “an extraordinarily gifted writer” – Charles Packer reviews The Rhymer on Sci-Fi Online
- readers will be spellbound and bewitched – review of The Rhymer on Murder Mayhem & More
- “a true masterpiece of surrealism and imaginative storytelling” – review of The Rhymer on Risingshadow
- Douglas Thompson – “an undeniable master of his craft” says Chris Kelso on SF Signal
- “I was strongly reminded of HG Wells” – review of Entanglement on Murder Mayhem & More
- “prepare to be entangled” – review of Entanglement on British Fantasy Society website
- “a clever book, packed with ideas” – Review of Entanglement on Vicky Thinks
- “a compelling tour de force” – review of Entanglement on The Future Fire
- “I wish there were more science fiction like it” – review of Entanglement at Sein und Werden
- “enthralling science fiction” – review of Entanglement on sci-fi online
- “effortlessly engaging” – review of Entanglement on The Horror Zine
- “brimming with ideas” – review of Entanglement on Warpcore SF
- “A memorable book”, review of Entanglement on Science Fiction & Fantasy blog
- “ one of the most fascinating science fiction novels I’ve read” – Review of Entanglement on Rising Shadows
- Author cites value of a close community in the face of growing environmental despair. July 15, 2022
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- Book Trailer released for The Rhymer by Douglas Thompson May 10, 2014
- “Simply stupendous” – The Rhymer by Douglas Thompson now available May 2, 2014
- Shakespeare on acid February 3, 2014
- Douglas Thompson, author of Entanglement, at FantasyCon 2012 September 22, 2012
- Entanglement by Douglas Thompson published today as eBook August 1, 2012
- Elsewhen Press signs award-winning Scottish author February 2, 2012
Douglas can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using douglas.thompson (at) elsewhen.co.uk