Juliet Kemp lives by the river in London, with their partners, child, dog, and too many fountain pens. They have had stories published in several anthologies and online magazines. Their employment history variously includes working as a cycle instructor, sysadmin, life model, researcher, permaculture designer, and journalist. When not writing or parenting, Juliet goes climbing, knits, reads way too much, and drinks a lot of tea.
“A rich and memorable tale of political ambition, family and magic, set in an imagined city that feels as vibrant as the characters inhabiting it.”
–Aliette de Bodard,
Nebula-award winning author of The Tea Master and the Detective
The second book in Juliet’s Marek series, Shadow and Storm will be published by Elsewhen Press early in 2020.
- “compelling and relatable” – Review of The Deep and Shining Dark in Locus Magazine
- “captivating and well-crafted” – review of The Deep and Shining Dark on Risingshadow
- The Deep and Shining Dark by Juliet Kemp on Locus Magazine 2018 Recommended Reading List February 1, 2019
- Great summer reading for fantasy fans August 3, 2018
- When magic suddenly stops, there’s more at stake than the livelihood of the last surviving sorcerers May 21, 2018
Juliet can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using juliet.kemp (at) elsewhen.co.uk