Stefan Jackson was born in North Carolina, but spent the latter part of his childhood in southern California. He moved to Brooklyn in 1994 looking for change. In his own words:
I was raised by the calm eddies of the Trent and Neuse rivers. I followed the waters north, drawn to energetic confluence of the Hudson and East rivers of the Big Bright City. There I met my wife. We have a daughter. And a cat.
Here I write stories, play drums, coach pee-wee girl’s basketball, work the cubicle life, cook breakfast, ride the F line, laugh and rest my head in the land of jazz.
Cheers to the first fifty years. Hoping the next fifty are just as kind.
Glass Shore, Stefan’s dynamic new novel, was published by Elsewhen Press on 5th September 2014.
Stefan’s story Luceria is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
- “brilliant gathering of short fiction” – review of Existence is Elsewhen in Aurealis magazine
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- “fast-paced and exciting science fiction for adults” – review of Glass Shore on Risingshadow
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of Stefan Jackson February 2, 2015
- The making of… Glass Shore by Stefan Jackson October 19, 2014
- Futuristic thriller Glass Shore by New York author Stefan Jackson published today September 5, 2014
- New Yorker to publish science fiction thriller through independent UK publisher April 14, 2014
Stefan can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using stefan.jackson (at) elsewhen.co.uk