Steve Harrison was born in Yorkshire, England, grew up in Lancashire, migrated to New Zealand and eventually settled in Sydney, Australia, where he lives with his wife and daughter.
As he juggled careers in shipping, insurance, online gardening and the postal service, Steve wrote short stories, sports articles and a long running newspaper humour column called HARRISCOPE: a mix of ancient wisdom and modern nonsense. In recent years he has written a number of unproduced feature screenplays, although being unproduced was not the intention, and developed projects with producers in the US and UK. His script, Sox, was nominated for an Australian Writers’ Guild ‘Awgie’ Award and he has written and produced three short films under his Pronunciation Fillums partnership.
His novel TimeStorm was Highly Commended in the Fellowship of Australian Writers (FAW) National Literary Awards for 2013, Jim Hamilton Award in the fantasy/science fiction category, for an unpublished novel of sustained quality and distinction by an Australian author.
TimeStorm, Steve’s first novel, is a thrilling time slip adventure that was published by Elsewhen Press on 22nd August 2014.
Steve’s story Earthsale is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
- “brilliant gathering of short fiction” – review of Existence is Elsewhen in Aurealis magazine
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- “a very exhilarating read” – review of TimeStorm on The Review website
- “one of the neatest time-travel packages I’ve read in a long time” – review of Timestorm on Throw the Book at us
- “a first-rate adventure novel” – review of TimeStorm on Risingshadow
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of Steve Harrison April 15, 2015
- Interview with Steve Harrison on SydneyGen Reads February 15, 2015
- The making of… TimeStorm by Steve Harrison October 15, 2014
- TimeStorm, Highly Commended debut novel by Australian author is published today as an eBook August 22, 2014
- FIRST LOOK: The cover art for TimeStorm June 27, 2014
- Science Fiction debut highly commended in Fellowship of Australian Writers National Literary Awards April 16, 2014
- Convicts transported to Australia in the 21st century March 24, 2014
Steve can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using steve.harrison (at) elsewhen.co.uk