Born and raised in Saskatchewan, Tanya enjoys using the tranquil prairies as a setting to her not-so-peaceful speculative fiction.
She is married with two children which means among her accomplishments are the necessary magical abilities to find a lost tooth in a park of sand and whisper away monsters from under the bed.
As director of a non-profit Francophone community center, Tanya offers programming and services in French for all ages to ensure the lasting imprint and growth of the Francophone community in which she was raised. What she enjoys the most about her job is teaching social media safety for teens and offering one-on-one technology classes for seniors.
Tanya was fifteen when she wrote her first column. She has a diploma in Journalism/Short Story Writing. Today, she actively submits to various newspapers, writes and publishes the local Francophone newsletter for her community, and maintains a blog at Life’s Like That.
Ghosts on the Prairies, A Sacred Land Story, Tanya’s compelling debut novel, was published by Elsewhen Press on 25th July 2014.
Legends on the Prairies, A Sacred Land Story, the prequel to Ghosts on the Prairies, was published by Elsewhen Press on 12th August 2016.
Cursed on the Prairies, A Sacred Land Story, the concluding book in the Sacred Land Stories, was published by Elsewhen Press on 22nd September 2017.
Can’t Dream Without You, a novel from the Dark Chronicles, Tanya’s post-apocalyptic supernatural fantasy novel, was published by Elsewhen Press on 8th January 2016.
Tanya’s story Forbidden Fruit is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
Programmed to Breathe, Tanya’s novel of the interactions of AI, artificial life and humans, on Earth in 3161, was published by Elsewhen Press on 26th April 2019.
- “poignant and rewarding” – Risingshadow review of Cursed on the Prairies
- “Excellent, thought-provoking and well written” – review of Legends on the Prairies on RisingShadow
- “deliciously dark and mesmerising” – review of Can’t Dream Without You on Risingshadow
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- “Good, gripping and thought-provoking entertainment” – review of Ghosts on the Prairies on Risingshadow
- Canadian author Tanya Reimer creates a future where AI is both essential and a threat April 5, 2019
- International Women’s Day 2018 March 8, 2018
- Cursed on the Prairies coming in September… August 28, 2017
- OUT TODAY – Legends on the Prairies, a Sacred Land Story by Tanya Reimer August 12, 2016
- If someone believed you were a hero of legend, could you live up to it or would you walk away? June 30, 2016
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- International Women’s Day 2016 March 8, 2016
- Can’t Dream Without You available in paperback February 29, 2016
- The Dark Chronicles – banished immortals and their struggle to return to heaven January 8, 2016
- REVEALED – Cover of Can’t Dream Without You by Tanya Reimer December 11, 2015
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of Katrina Mountfort September 2, 2015
- What, when, where – interviews of Tanya Reimer and Katrina Mountfort August 23, 2015
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of J.A. Christy August 7, 2015
- Dreaming is the easy part in the first novel from Tanya Reimer’s Dark Chronicles May 18, 2015
- Tanya Reimer’s guest post on Dreamers, lovers and Star Voyagers April 22, 2015
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of Steve Harrison April 15, 2015
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of Stefan Jackson February 2, 2015
- Tanya Reimer peeks into the life of Dave Weaver January 13, 2015
- The making of… Ghosts on the Prairies by Tanya Reimer November 16, 2014
- Ghosts on the Prairies available from today as eBook July 25, 2014
- Tanya Reimer interviewed on Radio-Canada May 28, 2014
- Bootleggers, slavery, fools in sheets, spirits, shifty tunnel runners, even exploding churches March 10, 2014
Tanya can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using tanya.reimer (at) elsewhen.co.uk