Tej Turner has spent much of his life on the move and he does not have any particular place he calls ‘home’. For a large period of his childhood he dwelt within the Westcountry of England, and he then moved to rural Wales to study Creative Writing and Film at Trinity College in Carmarthen, followed by a master’s degree at The University of Wales Lampeter.
After completing his studies he spent a couple of years travelling around Asia, where he took a particular interest in jungles, temples, and mountains. He returned to the UK in 2015 for the release of his debut novel The Janus Cycle, published by Elsewhen Press. Since then he has been living in Cardiff, where he works as a chef by day, writes by moonlight, and squeezes in the occasional trip to explore historic sites and the British countryside.
Dinnusos Rises is his second novel and he plans on spending the next few years writing more. He will probably get itchy feet again, and when that happens he has his sights set upon South America.
He keeps a travelblog on his website, where he also posts author-related news (see link below).
The Janus Cycle, Tej’s first novel, was published by Elsewhen Press on 2nd January 2015.
Tej’s story The Last Days is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
Dinnusos Rises, Tej’s second novel, set in the same urban landscape as The Janus Cycle was published by Elsewhen Press on 7th April 2017.
- “full-frontal, Gonzo storytelling” – review of The Janus Cycle and Dinnusos Rises on All Things Jill-Elizabeth
- “unusual blend of urban fantasy, mythology and self-discovery” – review of Dinnusos Rises on SFcrowsnest
- “excellent in every possible way” – review of Dinnusos Rises on RisingShadow
- “Attention to detail” – review of Dinnusos Rises by Sheri A. Wilkinson
- “whole-hearted recommendation” – review of Dinnusos Rises on HumanitysDarkerSide
- “brilliant gathering of short fiction” – review of Existence is Elsewhen in Aurealis magazine
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- “excellent story” – review of The Janus Cycle by The Mole
- “truly magical” – Allen Stroud reviews The Janus Cycle on SFBook Reviews
- “Poor little Tilly. Tej Turner made me want to hug her” – review of The Janus Cycle on HumanitysDarkerSide
- “intriguing and insightful” – review of The Janus Cycle on Risingshadow
- Launch party for Dinnusos Rises – Tej Turner talks in a tent July 12, 2017
- Out now – Dinnusos Rises by Tej Turner April 7, 2017
- Tej Turner interviewed on RisingShadow March 13, 2017
- Archetypal grass roots activists take on the threat of alternative facts February 20, 2017
- Existence is Elsewhen launch at Mancunicon March 30, 2016
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- Tej Turner interviewed on AuthorsInterviews February 22, 2016
- Elsewhen Press launches new science fiction and fantasy titles at Eastercon in Heathrow April 3, 2015
- Dysprosium – Eastercon 2015 February 25, 2015
- Gritty, sexy, surreal urban fantasy The Janus Cycle published today January 2, 2015
- The making of… The Janus Cycle by Tej Turner December 30, 2014
- Authors here, there and everywhere… December 10, 2014
- EARLY VIEW: The cover art for The Janus Cycle August 11, 2014
- The paradigm for the voice of a new generation of writers May 16, 2014
Tej can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using tej.turner (at) elsewhen.co.uk