Zoë was born in London, but spent her later childhood living in Lancashire, where she started writing novels at the age of twelve due to extreme boredom. After completing the obligatory epic fantasy trilogy in her teens, she spent four years at the University of St Andrews, where she learnt to fence both foil and sabre and cemented her passion for space opera. She now lives in London with her husband, their daughter and a collection of swords. Zoë writes when she’s not fencing, looking after her daughters, or working as a print controller for an advertising company.
Zoë’s debut novel, Sailor to a Siren, the first book in the Underside series, was published by Elsewhen Press on 17th July 2015.
The Wages of Sin, the second book in the Underside series, was published by Elsewhen Press on 9th June 2017.
- “excellent in every regard” – review of The Wages of Sin on Risingshadow
- “Outstanding” – review of Sailor to a Siren on Marian L Thorpe’s Words and Birds blog
- “addictive, fast-paced and highly entertaining” – review of Sailor to a Siren on Risingshadow
- International Women’s Day 2018 March 8, 2018
- Nine Worlds 2017 – we had a blast! August 9, 2017
- Booklet from Nine Worlds 2017 goody bag. August 8, 2017
- The Wages of Sin, the second book in Zoë Sumra’s Underside series, published today June 9, 2017
- Zoë Sumra at Sci Fi Bromley on 24th September September 21, 2016
- International Women’s Day 2016 March 8, 2016
- Sailor to a Siren, highly anticipated space opera by Zoë Sumra, published today July 17, 2015
- FIRST LOOK: Cover art for Sailor to a Siren June 23, 2015
- Richly detailed, subtly revealed and fully realised new universe unveiled by debut novelist March 2, 2015
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Zoë can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using zoe.sumra (at) elsewhen.co.uk