Book 2 of the Blueprint trilogy
The Blueprint trilogy takes us to a future in which men and women are almost identical, and personal relationships are forbidden. In Book 2 of the trilogy, more than sixteen years have passed since Caia and Mac, now renamed Cathy and Michael, fled their oppressive lives in the Citidome, although the plight of those who remain behind is never far from their minds.
Cathy and Michael now have three children. But for Cathy, village life is no longer idyllic. While Michael is famed as the leader of the Alliance of Outside Communities, she is left holding the baby. When a chance arises for her to fulfil her potential, will she make the right choices? Michael, however, is too preoccupied to notice Cathy’s personal struggles. Heightened security in the Citidomes has resulted in fewer escapees, a shortage of young farmers and a depleted gene pool in the village. While Michael unveils his most audacious plan yet to liberate rebels from the Citidomes, will his devotion to the cause cost him the love of his wife and daughter? And will his plan endanger his life, as well as those of his allies?
Forbidden Alliance is also the story of Cathy and Michael’s sixteen year-old daughter Joy. Fiercely intelligent but with limited career options, she fights against the future her father has planned for her: marriage to village boy Matt. Forbidden from seeing Harry, the nomadic canal-dwelling boy she has loved since childhood, she finds friendship from an unexpected source: BodyPerfect ex-citizen Ryan, whose perfect Citidome looks are less than perfect in the outside world. And her illusions about life in the Citidomes are about to be shattered.
In addition to the issues explored in Book 1 of the trilogy, Forbidden Alliance poses additional questions, including those of leadership, family loyalties and whether it is possible to justify the sacrifice of human lives for the greater good.
Forbidden Alliance was published in a digital edition on 4th September 2015 and in paperback on 16th November 2015.
ISBN: 978-1-908168-90-0 eBook Typical price £2.99 / €3.49 / US$3.99
ISBN: 978-1-908168-80-1 paperback 288pp List price £9.99 / €11.99 / US$17.99
Prices online may vary. eBook price includes VAT (where applicable).
- “quite a page-turner” – review of Freedom’s Prisoners on Terry Tyler Book Reviews
- Future Perfect – #4 in Terry Tyler’s top books of the year
- “excellently done” – review of Forbidden Alliance by Dylan Hearn
- “strong and full of passion” – review of Forbidden Alliance on Risingshadow
- “exciting and imaginative” – review of Forbidden Alliance on Fashion Bookworm
- “Recommended for all lovers of books about future worlds” – review of Forbidden Alliance on Terry Tyler Book Reviews
- “terrific and well written” – review of Future Perfect on Between the Lines
- “A terrific novel” – review of Future Perfect on Terry Tyler Book Reviews
TRAILER NOW ONLINE:
Available from Kobobooks
Available from all Apple iBookstores
Available from Google Play
Available from Barnes & Noble
Available from all good bookshops.
Or BUY DIRECT from the Elsewhen Press Purchasing Portal.
Advance Information Sheet available here