Book 1 of the Blueprint trilogy
The Blueprint trilogy takes us to a future in which men and women are almost identical, and personal relationships are forbidden. Following a bio-terrorist attack, the population now lives within comfortable Citidomes. MindValues advocate acceptance and non-attachment. The BodyPerfect cult encourages a tall thin androgynous appearance, and looks are everything.
The first book, Future Perfect, follows the story of Caia, an intelligent and highly educated young woman. In spite of severe governmental and societal strictures, Caia finds herself becoming attracted to her co-worker, Mac, a rebel whose questioning of their so-called utopian society both adds to his allure and encourages her own questioning of the status quo. As Mac introduces her to illegal and subversive information she is drawn into a forbidden, dangerous world, becoming alienated from her other co-workers and resmates, the companions with whom she shares her residence. In a society where every thought and action are controlled, informers are everywhere; whom can she trust?
When she and Mac are sent on an outdoor research mission, Caia’s life changes irreversibly…
A dark undercurrent runs through this story: the enforcement of conformity through fear, the fostering of distorted and damaging attitudes towards forbidden love, manipulation of appearance and even the definition of beauty. This book will appeal to both an adult and young adult audience.
Future Perfect was published in a digital edition on 19th September 2014 and in paperback on 22nd December 2014.
ISBN: 978-1-908168-55-9 eBook Typical price £2.99 / €3.49 / US$3.99
ISBN: 978-1-908168-45-0 paperback 288pp List price £9.99 / €11.99 / US$17.99
Prices online may vary. eBook price includes VAT (where applicable).
- “quite a page-turner” – review of Freedom’s Prisoners on Terry Tyler Book Reviews
- Future Perfect – #4 in Terry Tyler’s top books of the year
- “excellently done” – review of Forbidden Alliance by Dylan Hearn
- “strong and full of passion” – review of Forbidden Alliance on Risingshadow
- “Recommended for all lovers of books about future worlds” – review of Forbidden Alliance on Terry Tyler Book Reviews
- “terrific and well written” – review of Future Perfect on Between the Lines
- “A terrific novel” – review of Future Perfect on Terry Tyler Book Reviews
- “recommend to all” – review by Hannah Brookes of Future Perfect
- “A thought-provoking read” – review of Future Perfect on the British Fantasy Society website
- “one of the best modern YA sci-fi novels ever written” – review of Future Perfect on Risingshadow
Available from Kobobooks
Available from all Apple iBookstores
Available from Google Play
Available from Barnes & Noble
Available from all good bookshops.
Or BUY DIRECT from the Elsewhen Press Purchasing Portal.
Advance Information Sheet available here