by Tej Turner
The Janus Cycle can best be described as gritty, sexy, surreal, urban fantasy.
Janus is a nightclub. But it’s not merely a location, it’s virtually a character in its own right. On the surface it appears to be a subcultural hub where the strange and disillusioned, who feel alienated and oppressed by society, can escape to be free from convention. Underneath that façade is a surreal space in time where the very foundations of reality can be twisted and distorted. But the special, unique, vibe of Janus is hijacked by a bandwagon of people who choose to conform to alternative lifestyles simply because it has become fashionable to be ‘different’ and this causes many of its original occupants to feel lost and disenchanted.
The story unfolds through the eyes of eight narrators, each with their own perspective and their own personal journey. A story in which the nightclub itself goes on a journey. But throughout, one strange girl briefly appears and reappears, warning the narrators that their individual journeys are going to collide in a cataclysmic event. Is she just another one of the nightclub’s denizens, a cynical mischief-maker out to create havoc or a time-traveller trying to prevent an impending disaster?
The Janus Cycle was published in a digital edition on 2nd January 2015 and on 6th April 2015 in paperback.
ISBN: 978-1-908168-56-6 eBook Typical price £2.99 / €3.49 / $3.99
ISBN: 978-1-908168-46-7 paperback 224pp List price £10 / €13 / $20
Prices online may vary. eBook price includes VAT (where applicable).
- “This book moved me to tears” – Allen Stroud writes about The Janus Cycle by Tej Turner on Shepherd.com
- “full-frontal, Gonzo storytelling” – review of The Janus Cycle and Dinnusos Rises on All Things Jill-Elizabeth
- “unusual blend of urban fantasy, mythology and self-discovery” – review of Dinnusos Rises on SFcrowsnest
- “excellent in every possible way” – review of Dinnusos Rises on RisingShadow
- “Attention to detail” – review of Dinnusos Rises by Sheri A. Wilkinson
- “whole-hearted recommendation” – review of Dinnusos Rises on HumanitysDarkerSide
- “excellent story” – review of The Janus Cycle by The Mole
- “truly magical” – Allen Stroud reviews The Janus Cycle on SFBook Reviews
- “Poor little Tilly. Tej Turner made me want to hug her” – review of The Janus Cycle on HumanitysDarkerSide
- “intriguing and insightful” – review of The Janus Cycle on Risingshadow
Find on your favourite retailer
Available from Kobobooks
Available from Amazon Kindle stores
Available from all Apple iBookstores
Available from Google Play
Available from Barnes & Noble
Available from all good bookshops.
Or BUY DIRECT from the Elsewhen Press Purchasing Portal.
Advance Information Sheet available here