*Sorry for the Inconvenience
by Ira Nayman
Being the first novel to attempt to document the trials and tribulations of the
This hilarious science-fiction comedy novel follows the first case for Noomi Rapier, rookie investigator with The Transdimensional Authority – the organisation that regulates travel between dimensions. When a dead body is found slumped over a modified transdimensional machine, Noomi and her more experienced partner, Crash Chumley, must find the dead man’s accomplices and discover what they were doing with the technology. Their investigation leads them to a variety of realities where Noomi comes face-to-face with four very different incarnations of herself, forcing her to consider how the choices she makes and the circumstances into which she is born determine who she is.
The first book in Ira Nayman’s Transdimensional Authority series, his new novel is both an hilarious romp through multiple dimensions in a variety of alternate realities, and a gentle satire on fate, ambition and expectation. Welcome to the Multiverse (Sorry for the Inconvenience) will appeal to comedy fans who have been bereft of much good science-fiction fare these last eleven years. Ira’s style is at times surreal, even off-the-wall, with the humour flying at you from unexpected angles; he describes it as fractal humour. Anyone who has read his Alternate Reality News Service stories will know how funny Ira is. The characters we meet from around the multiverse deserve to become firm favourites with all fans of science fiction comedy.
Welcome to the Multiverse (Sorry for the Inconvenience), was published in a digital edition on 9 November 2012 and in paperback on 30 March 2013.
ISBN: 978-1-908168-19-1 eBook Typical price £2.99 / €3.49 / $3.99
ISBN: 978-1-908168-09-2 paperback 336pp List price £9.99 / €11.99 / $15.99
Prices online may vary. eBook price includes VAT (where applicable).
- “mischief and mayhem” – review of Welcome to the Multiverse* on Stranger Views
- “terrific story that anyone with half a sense of humor would enjoy” – review of You Can’t Kill the Multiverse* on My Writer’s Cramp
- “full-throttle comedy” – review of You Can’t Kill the Multiverse* on Amazing Stories
- “something completely different” – review of Welcome to the Multiverse* on AnnD Rites
- Paul Levinson gives Welcome to the Multiverse* a 5 star rating on Goodreads
- “something special” – review by Eric Swett of Welcome to the Multiverse*
- “fresh and original humour from a comedy genius” – review of Welcome to the Multiverse* on SF Books Review
- “A unique voice” – Review of Welcome to the Multiverse* and interview with Ira Nayman on Irreverent Muse
- “A great read that is highly entertaining” – review by The Mole of Welcome to the Multiverse*
- “drips with satire” – review of Welcome to the Multiverse* on The Future Fire
- “pretty awesome” – review of Welcome to the Multiverse* by Mia Darien
- “A science fiction detective novel making you laugh out loud in several dimensions” – review of Welcome to the Multiverse (Sorry for the inconvenience)
- “Fantastic sci-fi humour” – review of Welcome to the Multiverse… on Risingshadow
TRAILER NOW ONLINE:
Find on your favourite retailer
Available from all Apple iBookstores
Available from Kobobooks
Available from Barnes & Noble
Available to buy from Google Play
Available from all good bookshops.
Or BUY DIRECT from the Elsewhen Press Purchasing Portal.
Advance Information Sheet available here